Effective Date: June 30, 2010
- Spotli.com collects personal information when you register with Spotli.com to use Spotli.com services.
- When you register we ask for your email address and certain optional information such as your country of residence and possibly your zip code.
- Spotli.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- Spotli.com uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
- Spotli.com may send you up to 3 newsletters a month, to provide you with updates on your account and Spotli.com news. You may unsubscribe to this mailing list at any time.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your Spotli.com Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas, Spotli.com uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Spotli.com may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Spotli.com Terms of Service.
- Spotli.com may share demographic information with business partners, such as "53% of users who regularly user Spotli.com chat are between 18 and 24" or the like. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission (i.e. we will ask you for a quote or testimonial)
- Spotli.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested or when we have your permission.
- We reserve the right to disclose your information, including your personal information, in the result of sale, in whole or in part or in the result of any business deal or transaction we may occur during our operation.
Editing and Deleting Account Information
- You can change your Spotli.com Account Information, at any time.
- We may send you certain communications relating to the Spotli.com service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, which are considered part of your Spotli.com account.
IP Addresses are automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with Spotli.com.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- To diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To tailor advertising based on geographic area or other information derived from your IP address. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- To estimate the total number of users visiting Spotli.com from specific geographical regions.
- To make sure that people are not voting for themselves or friends during contests or promotions.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Spotli.com products or services that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of the Spotli.com service.
Spotli.com uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you "sign in".
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Spotli.com's services.
- Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on Spotli.com.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve Spotli.com's content and services.
Spotli.com lets other companies (such as Google) that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other entities' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other entities do not have access to Spotli.com's cookies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and confidential. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable measures to secure the information from unauthorized access. In case of security breach we may share your information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Links to Third Party Websites
This Site contains links to other websites to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other websites. We do not exercise control over third party websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
In compliance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection act of 1998 (COPPA), the Site is not intended for persons under 18. Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13.
Spotli.com may update this policy at any time for any reason. If there are any significant changes to how we handle personal information we will send a notice to the primary email address specified in your Spotli.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.